Executive Director – State Level
Connections Homes is an Atlanta-based nonprofit focused on youth 18-24 who’ve aged out of foster care or are otherwise without safe, stable connected adults in their lives. Our mission is to prevent poverty and homelessness for at-risk and vulnerable youth without a family by connecting them to a Mentoring Family who commits to being a part of their life for life. Our vision is to enable youth without a family to thrive in life and impact the world from the security of a healthy connection to an adult who cares. We work toward the fulfillment of this vision through a Choice-Based Matching Model™ and our Redemptive Connection Framework.
Executive Directors at the state level are critical to our success. The State Level Executive Director reports directly to the Founder & CEO and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives within the state.
● Assure that the organization’s long-range strategy to achieve its mission is implemented and prioritized at the state level.
● Provide local leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Founder & CEO and staff and carry out plans and policies of the organization.
● Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
● Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with state and local regulations.
● Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field, including being a subject matter expert in the operations of child welfare services in your state.
● See that the Founder & CEO is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it.
● Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals.
● Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
● Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
● Produce regular reporting materials for the Founder & CEO’s use in keeping the Board of Directors informed of activity and outcomes in the state.
Staff / Management Responsibilities:
● Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all state-level personnel, both paid staff, and volunteers.
● Ensure that job descriptions are followed and regular performance evaluations are held, and sound human resources practices are adhered to.
● Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the overarching goals of the organization.
● Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality individuals.
Budget & Finance Responsibilities:
● Be responsible for implementing and maintaining sound financial practices as required by the Founder & CEO and Board of Directors
● Work with the staff, Founder & CEO, and Finance Committee in preparing a state-level budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
● Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work; see that an annual fundraising plan is developed and successful to provide the funds necessary for operations of the work at the state level.
● A degree in social work or extensive experience.
● Prior experience working with youth who’ve experienced trauma.
● Understanding and experience with trauma-informed practices
● Prior experience in fundraising.
● An ability to navigate technology including Airtable, Microsoft Office 365, and Slack.
● Reliable transportation is required. The role of Relationship Manager requires visiting partner and community organizations regularly. Trustworthy transportation is necessary. Mileage is paid by Connections Homes at the standard rate.
● Send resumes to our VP of Operations, Daniel Rodgers: daniel.rodgers[at]connectionshomes.org
Faith & Culture
Connections Homes is a faith-based organization with a published Statement of Faith (available on our website at connectionshomes.org). Applicants must demonstrate a serious commitment to following Jesus Christ. As an organization, we’ve made a commitment to strengthening our organizational culture through rhythms such as team prayer, company-wide observation of Sabbath, regular devotions, and following the principles of the Praxis Rule of Life for Redemptive Entrepreneurs (rule.praxislabs.org). We believe that our work and service to the youth and families in our care are driven and empowered by our commitment and service to Jesus Christ.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000, depending on experience
Health, Dental, Vision, & Life
Generous vacation structure
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Nashville, TN 37243
ClosedView public job page